Sibelco Global Procurement and Global Logistics and Supply Chain (Global Logistics & SC) are accountable for managing all purchasing activity and supplier spend at Sibelco and the relationship with our suppliers. Our goals and strategies are fully aligned with our respective Commercial groups and Functions. Guidelines and standards regarding safety, quality and service are embedded in our day-to-day activities and sourcing decisions.
We are constantly reviewing our supplier database, seeking the optimal balance between the right size supplier base and the right mix of suppliers. With an ultimate objective to attract innovation and ensure our purchased goods and services are of the highest safety, quality and reduce our costs.
- Your relationship with Sibelco will be handled by Sibelco Global Procurement or Global Logistics & Supply chain departments
The relationship with our suppliers is to be managed by Sibelco Global Procurement or Sibelco Global Logistics & SC, in the different countries where we operate. All requests for prices and quotations and all sourcing decisions will be the responsibility of Sibelco’s Purchase teams, category management or Logistics & SC local Supply Chain team.
- A purchase order is mandatory before commencing any work or delivery
You will receive the purchase order mainly by email. Do not start any work or deliver any items without a purchase order number. Any supply without a purchase order will be processed separately and may result in invoice return or delayed payment. Self Bill will be implemented, where appropriate.
- After receiving our purchase order, send an acknowledgment of the order (Unless on Self Bill)
Confirm delivery dates, quantities and prices. Make sure you inform us and align with us on all possible deviations before shipping goods, performing services or presenting your invoice.
- Formal requirements regarding your invoices
Once goods are shipped and services are rendered, make sure that you send your invoice to the Correct legal entity, which is mentioned on the purchase order. Your invoice needs to include legally mandatory information such as tax or VAT number, company registration number, delivery address. It must show a valid Sibelco purchase order number, including the description of the goods or services, quantities and the currency in which you are invoicing Sibelco.
- Specific requirements for Service Providers
Service Providers can only send invoices for services that have been effectively rendered and approved
To help us protect the health and safety of everyone on Sibelco sites, we expect the work of contractors to be managed to the same high standards as that of our own employees.
For the avoidance of doubt, no ‘employer – employee – relationship’ exists between Sibelco and the relevant contractor(’s employees); accordingly, the contractor is and remains at all times (solely) responsible to inform its employees about all health and safety requirements, including those imposed by Sibelco. Sibelco reserves the right to review compliance of the contractor(’s employees) with Sibelco’s health and safety standards. Failure to comply with Sibelco’s health and safety standards will be considered by Sibelco as a material breach of contract.
As a minimum we expect all contractors(‘s employees) to support the following key safety and health requirements:
- Compliance with all applicable safety and health laws and standards, plus any other Sibelco requirements that may apply (communicated during pre-engagement planning).
- Every contract worker must follow the formal sign-in and sign-out procedures on site. This requirement applies equally to all visitors to Sibelco plants.
- Like every visitor to a Sibelco site, every contract worker must attend a Sibelco Safety and Health Induction before commencing work on site.
- Every contract worker must be competent for the work they will do while on a Sibelco site.
- Contractors must provide competent supervision of their employees and any other person they bring onto the site. A higher level of supervision is expected towards workers who are new to the job, as may be necessary to ensure their familiarity with the work, before allowing them to work unaccompanied.
- Sibelco supervisors will conduct observations (eg Process Confirmations, Safety Observations, Safety Walks) on contractor(’s employees) both before and during their work, to ensure that the activities are carried out safely and according to risk assessments and procedures. When the work changes, a risk assessment needs to be re-done.